Monday, December 28, 2009

On Assignment: Redondo Breakwater Surfing

It's been at least a year since I've shot any surfing pics [we don't have much of it in Missouri].


Must say I miss it. Only having a 300mm + 1.4x teleconverter is a bit limiting at times, but its still a blast to watch great waves.


The size of the waves vs. the Redondo breakwater rocks vs. man is pretty nuts - if you fall and get pulled into the rocks you are basically done for.







With some sweet waves breaking on the rocks, got the 16-35mm out to see what the view was like as the surfers launched out.







A friend of mine here has a surf housing, hopefully I will be able to use it soon to shoot from the water! Thats the perspective I think is the most interesting for surf pics.








Full gallery - click on it or use the buttons to scroll through all 50 some pics.

Redondo Breakwater Surfing Dec. 28 - Images by Patrick Fallon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this place! I love the idea and wish there was a place like this in Astoria, Queens. I am a surfer and found a "real surfer bar" in Point Break NYC. I am kinda jealous ;0PIts filled with surfers, people who like surfers, people who like the beach and people who don't want to live close to town. I really like this place. You know what they have these real Proctor and Channel One surfboards on the wall. It's nice for coming any day of the week and eating a late brunch. The food was outstanding. The brunch and sides were prefect and tasty. It is a perfect "escape" from city living.